When I think about the past few weeks, the following words from a great hymn comes to mind.
"Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!"
The Hymn "Great is Thy Faithfulness" has always been one of my favorites and has been a family favorite for a long time. It is so awesome how it the chorus of this song has continued to ring true throughout many individuals lives and through so many generations.
God has been so faithful to us on our journey he has called us on. We could start even to the time when we meet for the first time but we will just stick with the MANY ways that he has been faithful in the past few weeks:
- We have been covered in prayers from so many. There are literally people around the world praying for us and that is so amazing. Jenna and I can feel your prayers and we know that the prayers are being answered.
- He answered the prayer request that I offered up in our last blog! God provided a way to pay for our car for us to pay for our car for the entire time we are gone!
- There was a change of plans for our week before classes where we were to do training and interviews so we had to drive 14 hrs straight. We made it to KC very early in the morning Safe and sound!
- God has done nothing but provide financially. Through many of you God has provided more than half of our needed funds for our time in NZ.
- God has been faithful to us through providing insight. This past week we have had the amazing opportunity to meet our mentor, fellow participants, past participants, experienced missionaries, and experienced missions prep/return counselors. We have had the opportunity to learn so much from others. We have also had the opportunity to learn more about ourselves. We took strength and personality tests which not only have given us helpful insight about working in another culture but also about Jenna and I as a couple. It is cool to see how God has even used this past week to help us build an even stronger marriage.
- God has provided great new relationships with mission-minded peers :).
- Just yesterday, God also provided us with a place to stay for FREE in the KC area through the couple who was in NZ last year.
Those are just a few ways that God has been faithful to us this past few weeks!
We thank each one of you that has been faithful in supporting us in prayer. We also would like to thank each one of you that has been faithful in supporting us financially.
The next few weeks will be full of classes and homework and classes for Jenna and me. We would appreciate your prayers during this time.